Let’s celebrate the wonderful STEM educators within our region! We are excited to partner with Northwest MI Works to recognize STEM Stars in our region. The awards are supported by funds for the MiSTEM Network and local businesses. We are grateful to have such a supportive community of STEM education advocates.
The program is open to all K-12 educators who serve students within Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau Counties. A STEM Star may be a K-12 classroom teacher, robotics coach, STEM coordinator, or someone else in your district/ISD who makes incredible contributions to STEM education. A district may nominate more than one individual; however, priority will be given to nominees who have not been previous recipients of the award. All nominations will be reviewed by a committee and those selected will receive a $250 award to enhance STEM education in their classroom or program.
February 23, 2024, 5 pm
March 1, 2024, 5 pm
We are proud of our educators’ achievements. The previous awardees are:
- Meghan Arbuy, Suttons Bay Public Schools
- Dan Harbold, Kingsley Area Schools
- Nichele Hursey, Suttons Bay Public Schools
- Stephie Luyt, Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Crystal Milne, Buckley Community Schools
- Nancy Olencheck, Kingsley Area Schools
- Debby Oliver, North Ed Career Tech
- Ben O’Neal, Glen Lake Community Schools
- Lauren Petz, Suttons Bay Public Schools
- Joe Symons, Suttons Bay Public Schools
- Karen Trolenberg, Northport Public School
- Chris Vandergriff, Bellaire Public School
- Sam Walter, Traverse City Area Public Schools
Congratulations to our awardees.
Are you a business or community member who would like to support the initiative in recognizing local STEM educators? If so, we encourage you to reach out to Drea Weiner, Regional Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or would like to discuss your donation process.